If your trainer was working previously and has suddenly started to drop out while using your favorite indoor training app, there are several scenarios for what the problem might be.
Often it is worth checking to see if there has been a recent update to the app you were using, or the tablet/smart phone that you use to control your trainer. Updates to the operating system can often cause issues with apps that have yet to be updated. If you do see that your OS or app recently updated, that is likely the cause of the dropouts, but the best way to check is by doing the following:
- On your tablet or smartphone, close out of all other programs that might be pairing to the trainer
- Download the Saris app from iTunes of Google Play
- Connect your trainer to the app and check for a firmware update
- Once firmware is confirmed up to date, run a calibration on the trainer
- If calibration is successful, test the trainer’s functionality using ERG mode
If your trainer is able to calibrate and does not drop out in ERG mode, that suggests that the trainer is communicating with your tablet or smart phone as expected and indicates that there might be an issue with the app you were using when the dropouts occurred.
If your trainer is dropping out on multiple apps or across multiple devices, please contact our customer support team as this indicates that there may be an underlying issue with the hardware.