A solid red light on the LED indicator generally indicates the device is in what’s called a “bootloader state.” This is a state where the trainer will not be responsive or able to be detected by virtual software. A remedy for this is available through the Saris Utility app for iOS and Android. Download the app from your respective app store - once installed, select UPDATE FIRMWARE. This will initiate a Bluetooth scan (make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the device), and “ Saris_Boot_xxxx_xxxx” should show up on the list of Devices. Select this listing, and that will begin a firmware update. This update will essentially overwrite the existing faulty software on the trainer, ultimately instating a proper and fully functional software version. This will restore the trainer to a working state.
Articles in this section
- Why Is My Trainer Losing Connection?
- How do I fix a solid red light on my trainer?
- I have my trainer and bike set up, now what?
- I bought a smart trainer, do I need a subscription to a training app to be able to use it?
- Does the Hammer/Magnus need to be plugged in to work?
- How do I calibrate my smart trainer?
- How often should I calibrate my smart trainer?
- Do I need to pair my heart rate strap to my smart trainer?
- My smart trainer is not calibrating in Zwift. What should I do?
- How do I update the firmware on my smart trainer?